Applications for the Stellenbosch Network Entrepreneurial Mentorship Programme has been extended to 18 March 2022.
The Stellenbosch Network Entrepreneurial Mentorship Programme aims to give small business owners the support and skills they need to grow their businesses, through an eight-month initiative that will feature extensive coaching and guidance from experienced businesspeople.
Each entrepreneur will have one-on-one mentoring based on their individual needs, which will improve their management abilities and help them scale their company. The programme offers a practical and time-efficient learning solution for business owners by allowing them to determine the frequency of their interactions with their mentor.
How to apply:
To apply, please complete and submit the application form to email@example.com along with the relevant documentation. The application form can be downloaded at:
To participate in the Programme, eligible applicants must:
- Be a full-time owner of a business that has been operating for at least 12 months, not employing more than 15 people and with a maximum annual turnover of R1.5 million.
- Not be in the employment of another company while running their current business and have no previous management education at tertiary level.
- Be a South African citizen aged 23 years or older, with a Grade 12 school-leaving certificate (although applications may be looked at on a case-by-case basis if applicants have not completed Matric/Grade 12).
- Be proficient in English and live or work in the Stellenbosch, Klapmuts or Franschhoek area. They must also be willing and available to receive at least 12 hours mentoring support for the duration of the Programme.
- Be able to travel to training sessions in Stellenbosch. (Please note that accommodation is not provided.)
Become a Mentor
If you would like to become a mentor of the programme and make a difference in a small Entrepreneurs’ business, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stellenbosch Network will provide mentorship training and the entrepreneurial development framework will be shared to guide the mentorships process. Mentors will receive continuous support from Stellenbosch Network to establish the relationship and to identify the development needs of entrepreneurs. Mentors will also can connect with fellow mentors through a community of practice to share learnings and experiences.
The requirements for mentors are as follows:
- At least 10 hours face-to-face meetings (depending on COVID-19 regulations) with the entrepreneur from March – October 2022.
- If face-to-face meetings are not possible, virtual engagements will be used as alternative.
- Invite the entrepreneurs to your business or place or work to give exposure.
- Invite entrepreneur to networking events or opportunities.
- Share relevant information e.g. tenders, industry news etc. with entrepreneur.
- Make a difference to the entrepreneur, in his/her personal context or business context.