Make the most of winter school holidays with a family getaway at Spier Wine Farm
As disheartening as it is for South Africa to go through another pandemic wave, there are safe ways to help beat the winter blues over the upcoming school holidays. Leisure and business travel in the Western Cape are still permitted, and there’s probably nothing better than heading out into the country where there’s lots of fresh air and abundant open spaces.
Thanks to our mild winters, the July school holidays are an ideal time to travel and enjoy a quality family getaway and much-needed workcations. Spier Hotel, set on the historic and picturesque farm in the Stellenbosch Winelands, is an all-seasons family-focused holiday destination offering a wholesome country experience and a wide range of fun activities.
Alongside the calming Eerste River, the village-style hotel with its echoes of Bo-Kaap charm is set in lush gardens with tree-lined pedestrian lanes and six courtyards. Spier’s family-friendly dining options present kiddies’ menus using farm-fresh ingredients. There’s plenty of open spaces for kids to explore and many activities such as family biking in the organically grown vineyards and visiting the educational conservation project, Eagle Encounters. The Elemental Garden situated on Spier’s popular Werf is an enchanting nature-based play area within sight of the Farm Café patio.
As a family-owned wine farm, Spier has always welcomed kids and made them their VIPs. On arrival at the hotel, there’s a special kiddies check-in space with a complimentary juice, optional toy box for the room and colouring-in activities to keep them busy. The popular Kids Clubhouse in the hotel provides fun and secure childcare services so that parents can relax and enjoy some time out with a spa treatment or a Vineyard Segway Tour. The complimentary Kids Clubhouse offers two indoor playrooms, two undercover outdoor porches and a secure garden play area.
Spier offers a daily winter holiday programme of fun-filled, age-appropriate activities, including arts and crafts, storytelling and farm walks for children between the ages of 3 and 12 years. This is ideal for working parents who want to get away but still need time and space to be productive. Comfortable workspaces and complimentary wifi make it easy to have a workcation while the kids enjoy farm life.
Spier Hotel’s offers over the winter school holidays include:
- Kids Stay Free: Up to two children under 12 years of age are accommodated with two adults in a room on a complimentary basis.
- Family Package: From just R1390 per adult per night, this two-night bed and breakfast package includes a cosy Family Burger Night and an Eagle Encounters experience.
- Disconnect to Reconnect: You can turn your winter holiday into a much-needed family digital detox, giving the kids a wonderful break from screen time to focus on quality time together. Select any online package or rate and use the promo code RECONNECT to receive your special ‘switch off’ kit on arrival. Applicable to direct bookings through www.spier.co.za only.
- Kids Clubhouse: Complimentary access to daily fun-filled programmes. Limited capacity.
- Work from Spier: Make Spier your office for the day, while the kids play.
Spier is an easy 40-minute drive from Cape Town, and just a 20-minute drive from Cape Town International Airport. To provide peace of mind, Spier adheres to internationally accepted COVID safety and hygiene protocols, as well as the current national lockdown restrictions.
For more information please visit https://www.spier.co.za/hotel/
To make a booking please contact 021 809 1100 or email@example.com
By choosing Spier, you are supporting Spier’s Growing for Good learning initiatives that empower communities to create positive social and environmental change.
Press release: Scout PR